Come immerse yourself in day to day Ecovillage life at Sirius, learn valuable skills, take classes and get a taste of community living!
In this 5 week experience your days will be split between mornings of hands on learning in our permaculture gardens, our woodshop, on various green building projects and in service to our guests. After lunch, you’ll take classes on everything from Spirituality to preserving foods, with some music, movement, art and play mixed in along the way! In the evenings get ready for magick as you enjoy community dinners, a sauna or a dip in the pond. And a few extra bonus treats like a Sensual Cacao Ceremony, a Lively Dance Party, a Casual Bonfire BBQ and an Open Mic. On days off enjoy some quiet time for personal reflection, take a hike through our 80 acres of wooded trails or receive healing from one of our skilled practitioners.
Hope to see you here!
Participants learn alternative ways to living and working in the world.
Classes May Include:
- Permaculture Design
- Organic Gardening
- Green Building Techniques
- Sustainable Energy Production
- Bicycle Mechanics
- Transformational Play
- Wholeness Energetics
- Herbal Medicine
- Retreat Center Facilities Operation
Participants in our program will…
- Gain a deeper understanding of self and purpose
- Experience a sense of empowerment and embodied awareness
- Witness the evolution of the spirit and experience a greater sense of wholeness, unity and connection.
- Learn new ideas that can be implemented into their lives beyond Sirius.
- Receive exposure and access to the path of Earth stewardship
- Cultivate a seasonally oriented understanding of the plants, organic practices and seed to harvest gardening
- Learn about alternative building, permaculture and forest gardening.
- Learn to create joy, depth and meaning in acts of service.
Participants make their own breakfasts with food provided and come together with community for lunches and dinners. Participants are also welcome to attend our community meetings, observe our process in using meditation as a tool in consensus decision making and ask questions following the meetings.
2017 Session Dates:
April 16th – May 21st
June 4th – July 9th
July 23rd – August 27th
September 3rd – October 8th
$688 per session ~ Includes 5 weeks of hands on learning & joyful productivity, classes in the afternoons, room and board.
If tuition is more than you can afford, we occasionally give partial scholarships when enrollment exceeds 3 participants. To apply for a scholarship please write to us about what you plan to offer the community while you are here and we will consider your request. Thank you 🙂
For questions about the program, e-mail Rachael Gibney at firstname.lastname@example.org or call and leave a message at the Sirius main office, 413-259-1251, indicating your interest in the Immersion Program, and providing your name and phone number.
For mail, please use the address below:
ATTN: Immersion Program
72 Baker Road
Shutesbury, MA 01072